Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Samish Bay Study




Samish Bay Study, Watercolor, 7" x 11"   (click to bid)


Samish Bay is a watercolor study I painted from a trip to Washington State when I attended the 2016 National Impressionist Show which I was juried into. During the weekend of the show I would take off between events to paint and photograph areas of the beautiful inlets and sounds of the Washington coast.

I use these studies for studio paintings that I do at a later time. As an artist, studies like these have the ability to take you back to the place and time of your visit. This in turn helps boost your creativity and understanding of the subject you paint. Painting from life, whether outside or in the studio, is always the best way to increase your abilities as an artist. The next best thing for me is painting from a study you created while on location.

I am offering these studies as an inexpensive way to purchase original artwork! Just click on the "click to bid" link under the image and you will be directed to my auction page. The image is 7" x 11" with an additional 1/2" painted border all around for framing purposes. The paper is Canson 140lb French watercolor paper and is acid free.

Thanks so much for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment