Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Rose of Sharon"


Outside of my basement door is a Rose of Sharon shrub. It is full of blooms all summer long and reminds me of my childhood because my neighbor had several of these plants in his yard. It is really amazing how many blooms it produces in a years time - seems like it should get tired producing all those flowers...
I have decided that I need to produce more small studies along with my larger paintings. This painting is one of my first efforts in doing that. An artist is never through learning, no matter how good their artwork is or how experienced they are. Small studies are one way we use to work on our technique and they also have become very popular to collect. You can bid on this painting at the Daily Paintworks site where I have begun to auction some of my small works by clicking the link below. Larger works will still be sold through my galleries (see my website for links).

1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous. I love the vase and the flowers are wonderful also. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete